What We Did:
Dad went off on a day trip to explore the region (that’s another whole story for another whole website) while the kids went into town. After playing on Gnarabup Beach, we went to the Margaret River Cultural Centre to watch the new Pixar movie, Coco. Gali didn’t make it through the previews, but Raquel enjoyed it. After the movie we popped over the recreation centre to play outside and have a swim. Gali swum by himself for the first time, and Raquel had fun dunking. We walked down Bussell Street, and then went out for an amazing dinner.
What We Ate:
Late Breakfast: Brekkie sandwich, toast and jam, sourdough with smashed avocado and poached egg.
Early Dinner: Charred lamb chops, Shark Bay scallops, seared Kangaroo tataki, roasted baby carrots, snapper ceviche…quite the spread!
My Favourite Pictures Today
Where We Slept:
This morning we went to explore the lovely gardens and pond in our Bridgewater Bnb, picking some wild rosemary. Our wonderful hosts have been so helpful, giving us local tips, even helping us park the trailer, and dropping off a bottle of terrific wine.
In Australia, espresso martinis are as good as the coffee. You can visit two wineries for tastings without going over the limit (after that you’re getting into trouble). It’s really easy to entertain kids in a beautiful spot.
Reflection of the Day
The Best Part:
Swimming at the Recreation Centre, especially when Gali learned to float all by himself.
The Worst Part:
Gali missing his nap and losing his reliable appetite.
We'll Always Remember
- Name: Dirk
- Favourite Place: Margaret River
- I Love Travel Because: I like learning about people
- My Advice for Kids: Grown ups are just children who have sex. Keep trying new things because everything changes all the time
- Name: Lisa
- Favourite Place: Cape Town, followed closely by Rio
- I Love Travel Because: of different cultures, food, sites, and sounds. When you discover something new, you can’t believe it didn’t exist in your world before.
- My Advice for Kids: Enjoy today
- Name: Pam
- Favourite Place: National Heritage Sites in England
- I Love Travel Because: I want to see how people are living, and how they lived
- My Advice for Kids: Be curious, be bold, be proud
Today's Random Thing
A Note from Mom and Dad
We had a few cocktails at dinner and we’d be lying if it didn’t relax us around the kids. Gali didn’t nap, which spoiled his appetite at dinner, although we did manage to feed him like a bird (since he’s chewing more than swallowing anyway). All the colouring in menus for kids is helping Raquel colour-in much better. Practice makes perfect.